For students who are interested in learning about the American way of life and culture, a homestay is an excellent choice! It gives students more opportunities to practice their English skills outside the classroom.
All of our host families are carefully selected and monitored by the host coordinator to ensure your comfort. Many families host more than one student at the same time.
Types of Homestay
We offer Economy, Standard and Executive Homestays. The most popular choice is the Standard Homestay, offering a single room with a share bath.
American families in San Francisco are diverse. This means that our families reflect the wide diversity of the local population. They could be:
• two-parent families
• single parent families
• single individuals
• extended families (relatives living with the family or individual)
• people with pets or children
All homestays include breakfast and dinner daily (14 meals per week).
Distance to Brandon College
If you choose the homestay option, you should expect a 45- to 60-minute commute, which is typical for most San Franciscans. Public transportation in San Francisco is a safe and easy way to get around.
Some families allow students to access the Internet, but some do not. We cannot guarantee Internet availability in the homestays, unless specifically provided under an Executive homestay package.
When booking Homestay accommodations, please make sure to carefully complete the booking form with your personal profile (hobbies, preferences, allergies, etc.). We will forward this information to our host coordinator who will find the best match possible.
We will do our best to satisfy any additional placement requests you may have. However, we cannot guarantee that these additional requests will be met.
A detailed description of the homestay family will be provided approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the arrival date.
|Terms & Conditions for Homestay:
• roommates for double rooms will be selected by the homestay coordinator
• nonrefundable placement fee: $150
• monthly = 28 nights; weekly = 7 nights; daily = 1 night
• rates include all taxes
• $250 cancellation fee for confirmed booking
• minimum 4-week charge if canceled less than 30 days prior to arrival or after check-in
• 30-day written notice required for any changes or early departure
• all rooms and rates are subject to availability and can change without prior notice
• all rates in US Dollars per week, per person